In our opinion, there’s nowhere quite like Upwaltham Barns for a beautiful rustic country wedding. We’ve got it all – the barns, the setting and all the country wedding ideas you could possibly want! If you’re looking for a little inspiration or if you’d like to know what works really well at Upwaltham then read on…
Flowers, florals and foliage
There’s something so incredibly special about flowers and they really do make the most wonderful wedding decorations. We adore seeing the barns bedecked with flowers and here are some of our favourite floral ideas, all perfect for that idyllic rustic country wedding:
- Little pots of flowers or herbs at each place setting make place markers that also double up as eco-chic wedding favours.
- Posies of seasonal country flowers popped into jam jars also look so sweet and you can decorate your jars with lengths of vintage fabric or lace too. Place the finished arrangements on a wood slice to bring a little extra height to your tables.
- Table centres don’t have to include flowers if you don’t want them to. Terracotta pots of sweet smelling herbs and heathers for the tables are ideal and, if you’ve got green fingers, you can even grow your own!
- Why not ‘let love grow’ with packets of wild flower seeds as favours for your guests? They can create their own patch of country beauty wherever they live with these little gifts! Buy a large packet of ready mixed seeds and decant into little kraft envelopes.
- A country wedding wouldn’t be complete without a beautiful bride wearing a stunning flower crown. Simple circlets of gypsophilia are also ideal for bridesmaids of all ages.
Decorations for your country wedding
Of course, you can decorate your wedding with far more than flowers. Decorative touches, whether large or small, all add so much to your day and these rustic wedding ideas will really bring your celebration to life:
- Wedding signage is everywhere at the moment and signs of all shapes and sizes work so well. Rustic handmade signs using old wooden pallets are just fantastic and so easy to craft yourself.
- As well as signs to help guests get their bearings, it’s also a lovely touch to welcome them with something that speaks volumes about the day. A vintage bicycle with a front basket overflowing with flowers makes a delightful sight on arrival at Upwaltham and this can be moved into the courtyard later in the day.
- A great wedding breakfast always starts with a great table plan and you can be absolutely sure that every guest will see yours! Some of our favourite ideas include plans that incorporate luggage labels, vintage mirrors and painted shabby-chic ladders where childhood photos, seating assignments, flowers and other decorations create a real feature.
- As a more personal twist on the traditional wedding bunting, why not create your own with Polaroid photos? Using tiny pegs, attach lots of fun snaps to twine and hang your decoration where all your guests will see.
- Hessian is the perfect fabric for rustic wedding decorations and it looks amazing teamed with lace. Create your own table runners for the registrar’s table, the top table or make some cute coasters for the bar.
Finishing touches for your rustic country wedding
To everyone at Upwaltham, the delight is in the detail and the finishing touches really do make all the difference. If you’d like to add a few more elements to your wedding, here are our pick of country wedding ideas:
- Everyone loves to place games, especially at a wedding! Garden games work brilliantly at Upwaltham so why not set up hoop-la, giant Jenga or even hook-a-duck in the courtyard or front garden?
- As much as we wish we could, even we can’t guarantee the weather! If you want to escape to the fields that surround Upwaltham and the forecast doesn’t look favourable, bring a pair of funky wellies! These look superb in photos!
- If you’d like to serve up celebration drinks with a twist, then say no to normal glassware and instead, use Kilner or Mason jars. Add a stripy paper straw for an additional touch of fun and pop of colour.
- Nothing says England quite like afternoon tea and this makes a delicious alternative treat for the taste buds during your wedding day. Hire in vintage crockery or collect your own in the build up to your big day.
- Lastly, cake. A scrummy naked wedding cake (or semi-naked cake if you prefer!) is a feast for all the senses, especially when it’s dressed with fruit and flowers. No one will be able to resist!
Well now you’ve got the perfect country wedding style for your day, it’s time to find the best way to keep your guests entertained! Take a look at our Top Wedding Entertainment Ideas and see what will suit your special day at Upwaltham Barns.
Are you looking for a brochure?
Simply get in touch and we will send one straight away.Request a brochure
Need to check if your big day is available?
Get in touch to check available dates.Check a date
Plan a visit to Upwaltham Barns
Seeing the venue first hand is the best way to experience it.Plan a visit