Once you’ve chosen Upwaltham Barns for your beautiful barn wedding venue, it’s time to think about decorations. This is when wedding planning gets really exciting! We know that there are so many great wedding decoration ideas out there and we also know that you’ll want your wedding reception to look amazing. So, here are a few of our absolute favourite ideas for decorations. We hope they inspire you to make your day your own.
Hanging Rustic Wedding Decorations For Your Wedding Barn
Let’s start with some hanging decorations and these will look fantastic in the South Barn for your wedding reception. Hanging decorations help to create a really great atmosphere and they certainly get guests talking. With lots of rustic wedding decorations above the tables, you can cut down on table decorations without affecting the look of your wedding.
1. Paper Lanterns – hang these from the ceiling in either the East Barn or South Barn for an effective look. Lanterns come in a huge range of colours so you can opt for a fabulous look with a refined colour palette or create a fun look with lots of bright shades.
2. Ribbon Chandeliers – these are a great wedding DIY idea. Just attach various lengths of ribbon around a hoop and hang them up. Such a simple and cost effective idea and ribbon chandeliers look wonderful when they catch the breeze.
3. Hanging Umbrellas – umbrellas might not be the first thing you think of when it comes to barn wedding decorations but they really should be on your list! Hung upside down, these are incredibly eye-catching and are a brilliant alternative to flowers.
Fun Barn Wedding Decorations For Your Wedding Reception
Sometimes, the best wedding decoration ideas are the ones that come with a big dose of fun. It’s always good to include a few decorative touches that will make your guests smile. These ideas are both super stylish and fun so what could be better?
4. Giant Balloons – giant balloons at weddings have become so popular and with good reason. They’re perfect decorations in almost any space and you can also borrow a couple to use as props for your wedding portraits too.
5. Festoon Lights – fairy lights and endless garlands of twinkling lights totally transform a rustic wedding venue. They’re just so magical and we think it’s impossible to have too many of them. No one can ever resist these and you can put lights in lanterns, jars and containers too.
Large-Scale Rustic Wedding Decorations For Your Special Day
If you prefer the thought of using one or two large-scale decorations in your barn wedding plans, then here are a couple you might just love. We love show-stopping wedding decoration ideas but do think about the set-up and taking down of these well in advance. This shouldn’t panic you though as many of our recommended suppliers are happy to help you do this.
6. Drapes – Big fabric drapes can really fill a wedding barn and they look spectacular. Hung from beams, they bring real wow-factor to your wedding , particularly in the East Barn for your wedding ceremony.
7. Wooden Barrels – Wooden barrels make the best pedestals for floral arrangements. You can also move them from your wedding ceremony to your wedding reception so they’re good for your budget too.
If this feature has inspired your Sussex barn wedding venue plans, we’d love to welcome you to Upwaltham Barns! To arrange your personal show round or to check availability for your wedding day, please call 01798 300252 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Are you looking for a brochure?
Simply get in touch and we will send one straight away.Request a brochure
Need to check if your big day is available?
Get in touch to check available dates.Check a date
Plan a visit to Upwaltham Barns
Seeing the venue first hand is the best way to experience it.Plan a visit